In the S.W.D.D Spotlight
Would you like to exchange your garbage cart and/or recycling
cart for a different size?
Up size or downsize by calling 772-569-1776 today.
- The first exchange is FREE for both the garbage and the recycling cart!
- Additional exchanges will cost $30 per cart per exchange.
- Swap outs begin in January 2016
- View Cart Sizes and Details
Call Waste Management at (772) 569-1776 to add your name to the swap out list. *If you would like to see examples of the different carts you may visit our office at 1325 74th Ave SW, Vero Beach 32968. View Cart Sizes and Details
Indian River County Cart Program
Please take a moment to watch this brief informational video to ensure you receive maximum service
Statement of Function
The County's solid waste system is an organized dependent special district known as Indian River County Solid Waste Disposal District (SWDD). The purpose of the Refuse Disposal Division under SWDD is to operate five Customer Convenience Centers (CCC's) around the County and transport materials delivered to these centers by county residents to the landfill site for recycling and/or disposal. The five county wide CCC's provide collection points for the residents to deliver municipal solid waste, yard trash, household hazardous waste and various recyclable materials. SWDD then transports these materials to the landfill for ultimate disposition to maintain the health and well being of the community and environment.
2015/2016 Goals and Objectives
- Complete road and building improvements to protect SWDD assets.
- Initiate design & permitting for the cap and closure of Segment I, Infill and Segment II landfill.
- Initiate the design, bidding and construction of a small vehicle drop-off area and a new household hazardous waste building
- Continue to maintain environmental compliance of the entire landfill site in accordance with the requirements of the site's various permits.