Commercial Waste Program at a Glance
Commercial waste is not accepted at any of the Convenience Centers.
Through a competitive procurement process, Waste Management was awarded the solid waste franchisee for Fellsmere and Unincorporated Indian River County effective October 1st.
Commercial Haulers by Area
Businesses can obtain solid waste pick up services by calling the designated hauler in their area:
- Waste Management is the sole franchisee for garbage service in Fellsmere and Unincorporated IRC.
- The Town of Orchid - Waste Pro 772-318-6922
- Indian River Shores - Treasure Coast Refuse 772-562-6620
- City of Vero Beach - Solid Waste Division for the City of Vero Beach 772-978-5300
- City of Fellsmere - Waste Management 772-569-1776
- City of Sebastian - Waste Management 772-569-1776
- Elsewhere in Indian River County - Waste Management 772-569-1776
Businesses may also haul their own trash to the Indian River County Landfill. For more information, please call the Solid Waste Disposal District at 772-770-5112.
To encourage business recycling participation, SWDD has secured a competitive rate with Waste Management to provide a single stream recycling rate which is LESS than the solid waste collection rate. If you are interested in signing up for recycling services for your business, please call Waste Management, Treasure Coast Refuse, or any other commercial recycling vendor.